The Cloud Monitor API
What is the Nimsoft Cloud Monitor API?
The Nimsoft Cloud Monitor "Application Programming Interface" (API) makes it possible to access and interact with the data and functions of other Nimsoft Cloud Monitor services, as well as integrate them into other software. You may want to consider using the Nimsoft Cloud Monitor API to import and manipulate our data into your own systems if you need the freedom to do more than just view the Nimsoft Cloud Monitor data and charts. Utilizing the API, registered Nimsoft Cloud Monitor users can:
- Integrate Nimsoft Cloud Monitor services into their backend systems
- Seamlessly offer and package Nimsoft Cloud Monitor website monitoring as part of their service
- Deliver special requirements
The Nimsoft Cloud Monitor API in action
This page uses the Nimsoft Cloud Monitor API to map the 60+ Nimsoft Cloud Monitor monitoring stations onto Google Maps, creating an impressive visual display.
This Apple widget allows Mac users to continuously monitor their website, even when their Mac is not connected to the Internet. The PC version can be found here: http://cloudmonitor.nimsoft.com/en/windows/site_monitor.php
This site reports on the response time of a site or server from Nimsoft Cloud Monitor's 50+ monitoring stations.
This page provides information about an IP address or host name and details where the server is located.
How the API works
- The majority of API calls require a Nimsoft Cloud Monitor account. The number of calls is rate-limited on a daily basis. However, some calls can be executed anonymously.
- The Nimsoft Cloud Monitor API is a RESTful interface returning XML or JSON objects.
- The latest version of the Nimsoft Cloud Monitor endpoint is available here: http://api.cloudmonitor.nimsoft.com/
- Detailed documentation on each call can be found by following the links in the endpoint table above, or by having "?doc" as the only parameter for any of the calls of the Nimsoft Cloud Monitor API.
- The Nimsoft Cloud Monitor API documentation can be found at http://apidoc.watchmouse.com/, and includes an example of a typical sequence of calls.
- Easy to integrate
- RESTful interface returning XML or JSON objects
- Ability to:
- Retrieve historical monitoring results and alter logs
- Set up, activate, modify, or remove site monitoring rules
- Create or delete sub-accounts, folders and contacts
- Perform a check of your site from one of the Nimsoft Cloud Monitor worldwide monitoring stations
- Send a text message from one of the many Nimsoft Cloud Monitor SMS gateways
- Perform a traceroute from one of the Nimsoft Cloud Monitor monitoring stations to an IP address of your choice. (The just-trace.com site was built using these services)
- Find where a certain host is located (IP to location)
Sign up for a free 30 day trial subscription.
See the available API credits for each of the Nimsoft Cloud Monitor products here http://cloudmonitor.nimsoft.com/compare_plans.php